Superia recognised as the Baltic M&A Financial Adviser of the Year
Mergermarket, an independent mergers and acquisitions intelligence and data service, named the winners of its annual European M&A Awards at Banqueting House in London. Superia Corporate Finance (‘Superia’) was awarded the M&A Financial Adviser of the Year in the Baltic countries for the first time. The winners were chosen based on Mergermarket league table data by an independent panel of judges.
Superia Corporate Finance advised on a number of high-profile M&A transactions in 2015, including the following:
- Advising BillerudKorsnäs AB and Baltic Resources AB on the sale of SIA Latgran, one of the largest industrial wood pellet manufacturers in Europe, to AS Graanul Invest, in a EUR 104 million transaction;
- Advising shareholders on the sale of Baltikums AAS, a leading non-life insurer in Latvia, to Vienna Insurance Group AG;
- Advising investors of Limestone Timberland Fund on the sale of the fund’s Estonian timberland assets to AS Tornator;
- Advising shareholders on the sale of SIA LETA news agency in Latvia to OÜ UP Invest, parent company of Baltic News Service and Eesti Meedia;
- Advising SIA Storent holdings, a leading construction and industrial equipment rental company in the Baltics, in relation to raising equity capital from Darby Private Equity.
“We are delighted to have received this prestigious award. It is an important milestone for our firm which has been operating independently now just under three years. We wish to thank all our clients who have made this possible for Superia”, said Henrik Igasta, Partner at Superia.
Superia Corporate Finance is an independent Baltic M&A and capital markets adviser. The company was acquired by Superia’s current partners from SEB at the end of 2012. Superia’s team, based in Tallinn and Riga, comprises professionals with extensive cross-border and domestic M&A and capital markets experience.